Countries around the world are racing to vaccinate their populations, with 30% of the world’s population now protected from serious illness and death from COVID-19. But some countries are doing better than others since Gizmodo’s last check Back in July.
Sadly, the US has fallen from 18th to 40th, with many rich countries getting vaccines much faster than America over the past few months. The COVID-19 vaccination rate in the United States is currently 54.44%.
The list below shows the percentage of each country’s population that has been vaccinated, based on data from Johns Hopkins University. We have also included each country Population in perspective, although the world’s best vaccination rates are no longer necessarily under the control of small nations. China, for example, has vaccinated more than 69% of its 1.4 billion people, far higher than the United States of just 328 million.
But smaller countries have also seen big gains, including Singapore, with a population of 5.7 million, which has done an exceptional job over the past two months, moving from 21st in the world to the third-best vaccination rate on the planet. Singapore now has over 79% of its population vaccinated now and is opening up its economy there important ways.
- Malta 82.82% Population: 502,000
- The United Arab Emirates – 79.97% of the population: 9.7 million
- Singapore – 79.10% Population: 5.7 million
- Portugal – 78.85% Population: 10.2 million
- Qatar – 78.33% Population: 2.8 million
- Spain – 74.50% population: 46.9 million
- Denmark – 73.73% of the population: 5.8 million
- Iceland – 73.63% Population: 357 thousand people
- Chile 73.36% population: 18.9 million
- Uruguay 73.30% Population 3.4 million
- Seychelles – 72.63% Population: 97.000
- Belgium – 71.73% population: 11.4 million
- Ireland – 71.02% Population 4.9 million
- San Marino 70.85% of the population: 34,000
- China – 69.38% Population: 1.4 billion
- Canada – 69.17% Population: 37.5 million
- the two seas – 66.82% Population: 1.6 million
- United kingdom – 65.68% Population: 56.6 million
- Mongolia – 65.51% Population: 3.2 million
- Norway – 64.15% Population: 5.3 million
- Italy – 63.83% Population: 60.3 million
- France – 62.94% Population: 67 million
- Holland 62.68% Population 17.2 million
- Bhutan 62.63% Population 763 thousand
- Germany – 62.02% Population: 83 million
- Israel – 61.18% Population: 9 million
- Mauritius – 60.31% Population: 1.2 million
- Austria – 59.68% Population: 8.8 million
- Sweden – 59.62% Population: 10.2 million
- the moldive Islands – 59.33% Population: 531,000
- Monaco – 58.54% Population: 39,000
- Luxembourg – 58.08% Population: 614.000
- Cambodia – 57.28% Population: 16.5 million
- Hungary – 56.72% of the population: 9.7 million
- Finland – 56.34% Population: 5.5 million
- Lithuania – 56.26% Population: 2.8 million
- Ecuador – 55.10% Population: 17.4 million
- Czech – 54.74% Population: 10.6 million
- Greece – 54.54% Population: 10.6 million
- United States of America – 54.44% Population: 328 million
- Liechtenstein – 54.28% Population 38000
- Andorra – 54.23% Population: 77,000
- Malaysia – 53.29% Population: 31.9 million
- Switzerland – 52.76% Population: 8.5 million
- Poland – 50.29% Population: 37.9 million
- Japan – 49.96% of the population: 126.3 million
- Kingdom Saudi Arabia – 48.51% Population: 34.2 million
- Turkey – 48.13% Population: 82 million
- Sri Lanka – 47.73% Population: 21.8 million
- savior – 47.64% Population: 6.4 million
Such as The New York Times He points out in an article over the weekend, the United States now ranks among the lowest vaccination rates in rich countries. Some wealthy nations like Australia are still struggling, with only 33.79% of their population vaccinated, but that’s a significant uptick from 12.18% in late July. Japan is another rich country that has suffered from the vaccine rollout, currently ranking below the United States with only 49.96% of full vaccines.
America’s relatively low vaccination rate has devastating effects on everyone, with an increase in new cases and hospitalizations not seen in the country since 2020. The average number of new cases in the United States is more than 145,000 each day and 1,648 new deaths.
The pandemic will not end until every country achieves vaccination rates like the countries that top this list. But at the moment, this seems increasingly difficult in countries such as the United States, where vaccination against the Covid-19 virus has become a weapon. Political issues From the likes of Fox News and far-right politicians.
According to the latest poll among registered voters By Civiqs, 91% of Democrats have been vaccinated against covid-19 With 4% of Democrats saying they plan to vaccinate. Meanwhile, only 53% of Republicans have been vaccinated, with 2% saying they are growing to get the vaccine. According to the same survey, 38% of Republicans They say they are not planning to vaccinate against COVID-19.
Get vaccinated today if you haven’t already, no matter where in the world you are. It’s the least you can do to help get us out of this pandemic. covid-19 vaccines are safe and effective, despite all the cowardly This crap is being released today On Fox News. You don’t even need to vaccinate anyone else. Get yourself vaccinated and drastically reduce your chance of serious illness and death from covid-19. It will be the best selfish decision you make all year.